Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control
The Bureau’s mission is to protect the health and safety of the State’s consumers and environment through effective mosquito control and pest control regulation. This includes work to improve the quality of industry services provided to consumers and to reduce the hazards associated with unlicensed and unsafe pest control practices. The Bureau assists in assuring compliance with the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act under a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The Pest Control Section regulates and licenses the pest control industry under the State’s Structural Pest Control Act, Chapter 482, Florida Statutes, and Rule Chapter 5E-14, Florida Administrative Code. The Mosquito Control Section oversees and regulates the State’s mosquito control program requirements under Chapter 388, Florida Statutes, and Rule Chapter 5E-13, Florida Administrative Code.
- Pest Control Section - The Pest Control Section regulates and licenses the pest control industry under the authority of the Structural Pest Control Act, Chapter 482, Florida Statutes, and the associated Rules, Chapter 5E-14, Florida Administrative Code. The Pest Control Section consists of the Document Issuance, Enforcement, and the Examination/Certification Subsections.
- Mosquito Control Section - The Mosquito Control Section administers the mosquito control program under the authority of the Mosquito Control Act, Chapter 388, Florida Statutes, and the associated Rules, Chapter 5E-13, Florida Administrative Code.
NOTICE TO ALL PERSONS DOING BUSINESS WITH THE BUREAU OF ENTOMOLOGY AND PEST CONTROL
- Effective February 1, 2013, ALL Bureau mail will be redirected to the Department's Mail Center for opening, sorting and delivery to the program area.
- ALL REVENUE APPLICATIONS/FORMS will be routed directly to the Bureau of Finance & Accounting for deposit. After it is processed by Finance & Accounting, the application will THEN BE FORWARDED to the Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control.
- BEGINNING IMMEDIATELY, please use the Bureau's One Stop page located at URL: http://www.freshfromflorida.com/onestop/aes/pestcont.html or the Bureau's Forms page at URL: http://www.flaes.org/aes-ent/formsandpubl.html to download a current version of any APPLICATION form.
- ALL APPLICATION forms must have the REVENUE box in the lower right hand corner and be mailed directly to PO Box 6710 to avoid any additional delays in processing. Older application forms WILL BE delayed as they lack the information that Finance & Accounting needs to properly deposit the fees.
- At this time, we do not know what impact this change will cause to processing licensure and certification application and renewals. We appreciate everyone's patience as we transition to the new process.
ONLINE CERTIFICATION RENEWAL - If you received a renewal notice in the mail and in a renewal period, you will need the renewal notice to complete the online Certificate Renewal. The Certificate Renewal web page will allow Certified Operator Certificate licensees (JF) and Special Identification Cardholders (JD) to renew their licenses online and pay with a credit card for the 2012 renewal period. Click on the Division of Agricultural Environmental Services License Renewal Web Site to renew your JF or JD license online.
NOTE TO PERSONS INTERESTED IN THE LIMITED COMMERCIAL WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE - The Limited certification for commercial wildlife management personnel as authorized by Chapter 482.157, Florida Statutes, is NOW available (as of January 3, 2012). Although the LW certification is only required for trapping rats and mice in structures, the Department encourages and recommends that persons commercially trapping nuisance wildlife (i.e. raccoons, opossums, armadillos, skunks, squirrels) in structures to also obtain this certification.
The Limited Commercial Wildlife Management Examination will be made available on March 13, 2013, at 1:00 p.m. at the Citrus Building located at 500 Third Street NW, Winter Haven, Florida. The next available and subsequent examination dates for 2013 will be June 12, September 11, and December 11.
All persons interested in taking the examination must apply IN ADVANCE to the Department on Form FDACS 13685, available from the Department.
The deadline for receipt of applications for the March exam must have the postmark date of January 14, 2013. If not postmarked by the deadline date, you must have you application submitted by April 8, 2013, for the June exam.
The reference material for this exam will be the following documents which are available on-line at no cost.
Dealing with Unwanted Wildlife in the Urban Environment, Publication #WEC20 http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/uw070
Non-Chemical Rodent Control, Publication #ENY-243 http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/mg218
Rat and Mouse Control, Publication #ENY-224 http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/dh044
The Florida Mouse, Publication #WEC362 http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/uw307
- Bed Bug Information
- Online Certificate Renewal - If you received a renewal notice in the mail and in a renewal period, you will need the renewal notice to complete the online Certificate Renewal. [restricted to Certified Operator Certificate (JF) and Special Identification Cardholders (JD)]
Registration for use of the Electronic Fumigation Notification Website (Restricted to Licensed Fumigation Companies ONLY)
Electronic Fumigation Notification Website Login (Authorized User ONLY)
- Termiticides Registered for Preventive Treatment of New Construction (pdf)
For questions, concerns, complaints or compliments please email us at AESCares@FreshFromFlorida.com